Sally shares a recipe that's easy, efficient and doesn't take half your afternoon to make.
Updated: November 28, 2020
Everything Venison Chili
Tools: You will need a large crockpot, frying pan, cutting board, knife, and a spatula
1. 1 pound of venison, thawed
2. 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
3. 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
4. 1 whole onion diced
5. Green/Red sweet peppers and spicy peppers of your choice
6. 2 cans of chili beans
7. 1 can of kidney beans
8. 1 can of corn or whatever other odd ball cans you have that you want to use up
9. 1 Tbsp. of chili powder
1. In a frying pan, brown venison burger. Once cooked, place in crock pot on lowest setting.
2. In a frying pan on low, add the olive oil, garlic and onions.
3. Add peppers and cook all ingredients until tender. Place pepper/onion mixture into the crockpot.
4. Add the canned items (do not drain) into the crockpot and mix the entire soup mixture.
5. Add the chili powder (use additional if you like) to the mix and give the soup one final stir. Cook the soup for at least 12 hours on low. I tend to make this about 9pm at night then reset the crockpot first thing in the morning.